Tuesday, January 13, 2009

5 out of 9 staffers agree

I work in a fairly small office at the University. Large building...small alumni office. We have only 9 staff members.

And out of 9 staffers there are 5 of us with Jeep Grand Cherokees.
What was that?
Yes, you heard me right. I went car shopping last weekend.

I am now the proud owner of a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 65th anniversary edition. Which means it has a few fun extras like a moon roof, heated seats and a bigger engine. Totally awesome.

A 2006 is a huge step up from my 1996 Infiniti (RIP). And I had to sign my poor girl over to the junk yard to scrap her out for parts. So sad. But we had a great run together and she will always be missed.
You dont think its normal for people to become so attached to their cars? Well, you suck and you are wrong.

But my new car is the shit. I am still in the phase where driving it is such a joy that I wish I could drive it everywhere.
Of course this will pass. But until then here is my new beauty. Well its not exactly her, but this is her long lost sister, same color and all...

1 comment:

Ashley said...

You HAVE to name her. I think "Beauty" is a good name - since you are already calling her that! :-) And I'm sure you're excited to use those seat warmers in that cold, cold weather!