Monday, December 29, 2008

what did I miss?

Yeah.
I am alive.
Sure. I had the best of intentions of blogging about my tonsillectomy recovery.
I really did.

My surgery was on December 15, 2 weeks ago. I am STILL not fully recovered in a few ways.
I had to spend a night in the hospital, have had to deal with excruciating pain in my throat, ears, neck and stomach, a general inability to swallow without wanting to cry and I have had to go without eating much of anything.
I have found that fast food hamburgers are soft, generally taste the way they did before and go down fairly easy. I am sure that my waist line will really thank me for this one in the coming weeks.

But I have dropped 8 pounds so far and I have gotten tons of sleep. Even though it is sleep induced by a powerful narcotic I still consider it noteworthy sleep.

Now that I have gone through the worst part of recovering from this traumatic (no, I'm not being a drama queen, it is traumatic!) surgery I can say that if you know anyone over the age of 25 that is going to have this surgery....they are going to go through hell for 2-3 weeks. They will question why they even had the fucking surgery, when will their mouth stop being that nasty shade of popsicle blue and will I ever feel better again.
Today is my first day back at work and I was spent at 9:30am. Sad but true. Since I am still not eating a lot I am not able to store as much energy. I think I used all of my reserve energy to drive the 15 minutes into work today.

Anyways, it is behind me and I am getting better everyday. Even though my voice sometimes sounds like a pre-op tranny I am getting by just fine.

No comments: