Monday, May 4, 2009

untitled

It is exam week here at the U.  

It is a joyous time for me because this now means there will be significantly less students around to illegally take my parking spot leaving me to circle around and around praying for someone to leave so I can park and go inside and send nasty anonymous emails to the police station for not patrolling their lots well enough.

I have always said that the students are ruining the U.  Sure, they are the real reason most of us are here...but I work with alumni.  Not current students.  Which means that about 1/2 of the people I work with can identify their ass from a hole in the ground.  It has been that kind of week already, and its only Monday.

People are stupid - plain and simple.

But with the students gone the campus is transformed into a quiet, calm and almost serene location.  
I have to savor the summer here because once the students come back in August it means work becomes bat shit crazy and 40 hour work weeks are a dream.  You begin to hate things you once semi-enjoyed...home football games, tailgates, homecoming, hot dogs, chips, people in general...and marching band twirlers.

But at least we have a three month break from student madness.  Thank freakin goodness.

This leaves me time to get my fill of chips before August rolls around...

No comments: