Wednesday, September 9, 2009

how do you wake up?

Morning.



Slap the snooze button.

Ugh.

*yawn*

Ha ha, thank you Mr. Snooze button, I have 9 more minutes to close my eyes and pretend it's Saturday.


Two minutes pass.

Brady bellows from his crib...Na-Na! (his cute name for me since he cannot say Amanda yet)

I pull the pillow tighter over my head.
If I cannot hear him he isn't calling for me.

Na-Na!

Only seven more minutes to sleep.
He can wait seven more minutes.

Na-Na! Poopies in there! Wet poopies in there!

Yeah. I am up. I am up.

I am questioning whether he is telling me his diaper is full or that the crib has poopies in it which means a diaper malfunction. Or maybe I am still dreaming and the crib itself has pooped.
Who the hell knows.

I stumble up the stairs and find that thankfully the crib has not pooped (imagine what that clean up would be like) and it turns out that the crib is clean.
Good.
I hate starting my day with disgusting laundry.

We just have a full diaper.

A full diaper first thing in the morning is always fun.

Especially when he tries to touch it.

By it I mean everything down there. His junk and the poopies.
Why not, right?

Ah, boys.

It makes it all worth it when he says Thank you Na-Na.

Two year olds...a gift from heaven.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I wake up every morning to the alarm going off and me thinking "I so don't want to get up and go to work!" It's like Groundhog Day: it just repeats itself each and every morning. Ugh.

Well, at least I'm not cleaning up poopie. I guess it could be worse. :-)