Friday, May 9, 2008

Lemon Parsley Mafaldine with Spring Peas and Ricotta Salata

I randomly found this awesome pasta site about 6 months ago and still hadnt tried any of the pasta I purchased.

So I decided last night was the night!
I even got to visit SoFo's for the first time...ever! It was like a tiny Italian Andersons, very cute!

The pasta was, as I said, divine and it was utterly easy! They have a few recipes under each type of pasta that totally compliments the type of pasta it is.

Here is the pasta site: Pappardelle's Pasta

And here's the pasta I purchased
Lemon Parsley Mafaldine

Lemon Parsley Mafaldine with Spring Peas and Ricotta Salata
1 lb. Pappardelle’s Lemon Parsley Mafaldine
2 cups fresh spring peas (I used frozen, just as good, only I boiled them for 2-3 minutes with the pasta)
½ cup fresh basil, ripped
6 oz. ricotta salata cheese, grated
1 lemon, juiced
¼ cup olive oil
Sea salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
1. Cook pasta in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 7 minutes). Stir in peas and cook one more minute. Drain pasta and peas well.
2. In a large serving bowl, pour pasta and peas. Top with basil, ricotta salata, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix well. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
Serve within a few hours. Please note, if you refrigerate this pasta the basil will blacken.



I also purchased these ones too...and have yet to make them. I know, Im slacking! Does anyone want to come over and try the dark chocolate???

Autumn Harvest Orzo

Dark Chocolate Linguine



No comments: