Monday, May 19, 2008

summer 2008

Since I have such a fondness for movies I have been counting down the months, weeks and days until some of my greatly anticipated summer movies appear in our local theaters.

This is the list, in no particular order:

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - I am a nut for Indiana! And I KNOW that I am not the only person who thinks that Harrison Ford gets better looking with age, much like a fine merlot...

Chronicles of Narnia - The first movie really left a lot out from the 3ish books they jammed into one movie, but Ill still see this one because the books were stupendous and it will be great to see it acted out.

Sex and the City - I have 1/2 of the 6th season left to watch and then I will be ready to partake of this fabulous 4some on the big screen

The Happening - Yes, I know that M. Knight Shyamalan's last movie (Lady in the Water) didn't prove to be his best work to date. Duly noted J. But I think that this is his HUGE turn around! He is going to captivate audiences with this movie. It looks so striking and mysterious.

Hancock - Who doesn't want to see Will Smith as a lazy, homeless super hero? That's easy. No one.

The Dark Knight-I think that this will be a huge movie to see this year following the death of Heath Ledger. It will also be the shit because Christian Bale is a fantastic actor who more than convinces us that he is Batman. Oh, and because he started in Newsies, the best Disney musical ever.

Stepbrother - Mainly just wanna see it because Will Ferrell's in it. Lame reason.

Pineapple Express - Show me someone who doesn't want to see a hilarious movie about the ins and outs of pot and ill show you a commie.

and I know that November has never classified as Summer in anyones book. But I would like to point out that Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince comes out in November. 6 months and counting baby.

No comments: