Tuesday, August 25, 2009

the impending 28

Who says Alzheimer's is for the elderly...



Who said what?


What was Who?


And the next thing that I picture is fruit Loops.
With steak.
And a picture of a baby on a horse.

This has been my thought stream for the past few days.

I have been forgetting the simplest things and even the things that I am writing down so that I don't forget them...have been forgotten.

The one thing that has been on my mind a lot has been my impending entrance into the 28 club.
I know that many of my friends didn't have a coronary or sprout gray hair when they aged over 27 (which is really good news). But that doesn't change the fact that I don't want to have my 28th.

Getting closer to 30 isn't a big deal. People do it everyday. I am not scared of getting older.
I am just not particularly partial to it.

I do however like how crafty I have been getting with the grocery bills in my upper twenties. Free food throws itself into my cart and I happily take it home to share. I am able to supply my own family, my brother, my mom and even my grandparents with the staples for their homes...and mostly for free.

With my recent purchases of 14 4-packs of yogurt for free and 15 bags of Birds Eye frozen vegetables for only $3 at least we can round out our diet of cereal to fit in other food groups.

Fruit loops.
With green beans and vanilla yogurt.

Temping...but with the post-summer brain I am working with I will have forgotten this all by the time the work day is over and then Ill be viewing old Steamboat Willie cartoons in my head just to pass the time.

No comments: