Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I must have missed that

Ah...to be 8 years old again.

I miss the days when my homework consisted of tracing cursive letters and reading books about My Aunt Fanny (thank you Happy Gilmore).

I miss my plastic lunch box with the matching thermous.

I miss wearing snow boots to school and lining them up in the hallway

I miss having numerous snow days every winter. (although UT did give me a nice surprise my 2nd day here!)

I miss getting 12 hours of sleep every night.

I miss having everything done for me.

But the really shocking thing about this is one day you are 8 years old and life is nothing but carefree...then you wake up the next day and you are 26 and you have no clue where your car keys are, you woke up late and didnt factor time into your morning to scrape the 6 inches of snow mother nature dumped on your car last night, you are still eating the same lunch you did when you were 8...Not b/c a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is your favorite b/c its almost free to eat.

I did miss the memo that I was an adult because I still daydream at work, eat kid flavored ice cream and fruit roll ups are my favorite bedtime snack.

The bitch of it is that I still cannot write in cursive, can someone pass me last night's homework to trace?

1 comment:

Brittany said...

This is a really good post Schwartz. Really good.